LEARN HOW TO CREATE A WORLD-CLASS
HOSPITALITY AND SERVICE CULTURE
WITH THE SECRETS OF “OMOTENASHI”
► THE WORLD’S BEST CUSTOMER EXPERIENCE ◄
What if there was a culture of service and hospitality
that amazed everybody who experienced it ?
A culture rooted in attitudes that make
giving great service as enjoyable as receiving it?
Here’s a little secret…
Hi. I’m Paul Willis
I spent 27 professional years living in four countries across the Far East and was lucky enough to travel around much of Japan for business and pleasure, enjoying their hospitality and extraordinary customer service.
Whether you are in a 5* hotel or a budget guesthouse, an expensive boutique or a convenience store, the service is always the same. Polite, attentive, empathetic, respectful and delivered with consistent attention to detail.
The Japanese have a word for this service culture.
A word they are now using it to promote the 2020 Tokyo Olympics.
The word is OMOTENASHI
A word that used to specifically refer to the Japanese customer service ethos.
But recently it’s been extended to refer to the whole Customer eXperience.
It’s important to understand all the contributing elements to this experience.
And how Japanese deliver them with such high levels of pride and professionalism.
INTRODUCING A SELF-PACED ONLINE COURSE
WHAT WILL I LEARN?
What the Japanese do, very consistently, to give such a good impression.
Why they deliver their service and hospitality like that.
How to incorporate and nurture that mindset into your organisation
The pride and professionalism mindset behind these skills.
A professional understanding of the real meaning of the OMOTENASHI buzzword.
IS THIS COURSE FOR YOU?
You’re already an experienced hospitality service professional.
Looking for new ideas to add polish to your hospitality service culture.
You’re in either a Front Line Management or Learning and Development/Training role.
You may have ownership of strategic service offering decisions.
You’re open to practical ideas from international service cultures.
JAPANESE SERVICE AND HOSPITALITY CULTURE
- What people say about the Japanese service and hospitality culture.
- What it feels like on the receiving end.
- How they do the basics so effectively in Japan.
THEIR PHILOSOPHY OF SERVICE
- The commercial origins of customer service culture.
- The cultural context to their customer service.
- The KEY IDEA behind Japanese customer service.
OMOTENASHI SERVICE CULTURE
- Omotenashi Customer Service or eXperience?
- The three Omotenashi attitudes to service.
- The resulting three customer experience delivery strengths.
FROM MINDSET TO MINDFULNESS
- The need for Mindfulness in the Hospitality sector
- Mindfulness practice behind Omotenashi service culture.
- Mindfulness or Flow?
WHAT “KIKUBARI” MEANS IN PRACTICE
- The real meaning of Kikubari
- Why it is difficult to anticipate customer needs.
- Taking a Kikubari approach to the next level.
THE JAPANESE APPROACH TO BODY LANGUAGE
- Body Language. Why it’s important.
- How to start managing it consciously to give the right impression.
- How to actively read guest and customer body language.
“JAPAN IS CUSTOMER SERVICE HEAVEN…”
- Who are the “Forgotten 20%” and why we forget them.
- Why Japan is customer service heaven for them.
- The challenges and opportunities in delighting them.
PRIDE AND PROFESSIONALISM
- The Customer is King. True or False?
- How self-esteem skills are empowering and transportable.
- The Japanese have a idea to help customer service people find meaning in their lives.
Each module includes:-
Videos to introduce concepts and topics.
Informative slides with explanatory audiovisual commentary.
Topic quizzes to reinforce your learning.
Useful links to additional information.
All information is in Plain English. The words behind “OMOTENASHI” might be Japanese, but they’re explained in plain English. This is not a Japanese language tutorial!
All the information is useful. It’s all related to teaching you how to improve your customer service and hospitality culture.
Easy to understand. The material is easy to absorb, practical and easy to understand.
Support Materials. Each lesson has links to other interesting information that will help you develop your understanding of this remarkable hospitality culture at your own pace.
Frequently Asked Questions
What if I want to incorporate the source presentations into my existing inhouse learning and development programmes?
The source presentation materials are available to those who have enrolled in this course for a small additional fee upon request under a contract limiting it to this purpose.